Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Location: Brainomix Head Office, Oxford (with option for remote working)
Company background: Brainomix (www.Brainomix.com) is a spin-out company from the University of Oxford that develops and deploys imaging decision support software as a medical device. Brainomix provides solutions for multiple indications including the handling and analysis of both brain and thoracic CT imaging, with extensive international collaborations with academic, clinical and industry partners. Brainomix provides software that is prospectively used for clinical and research decision making around the world. We build world-class medical imaging software products which are sold in multiple international markets, and to accomplish this, we believe in creating a first-class working environment for a first-class team.
The user interface developer is a key member of the team involved in web applications. She or he will have a proven record of writing production-quality user-facing code using modern web technologies. The successful candidate will be joining Brainomix, an award-winning AI company, and will be reporting directly to the Head of Software Development. This is an exciting opportunity as this position involves making key technology decisions and supporting the development of new products based on our AI-powered medical image processing platform.
This role is a full-time, permanent position, based in Oxford with the opportunity for remote working. Applicants with or without the right to work within the UK are welcome to apply for the position as the company is a registered Tier 2 sponsor.
- Extend the software platform’s user interface, to support new products and technologies, which have been devised by the research team.
- Create new and innovative user interface designs and features.
- Work efficiently, independently, and communicate progress to the rest of the software development team.
Skills & experience
- Relevant degree in computing, digital design, engineering or equivalent, or significant relevant commercial experience working in web development
- Evidence of developing user interfaces for web applications
- Excellent eye for detail
- Experience of working in a modern software engineering environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a small development team
- Knowledge of the Python programming language
- Knowledge of the Django Python web framework
- Understanding of the role of design in the user experience
- Understanding of responsive UI design for mobile and web
- Interest in medical imaging technology
To apply for the role please email a copy of your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org