Medical Imaging Researcher
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Location: Brainomix Head Office, Oxford (a minimum of two days per week will be required in the office)
Company background: Brainomix (www.brainomix.com) is a spin-out company from the University of Oxford that develops and deploys imaging decision support software as a medical device. Brainomix provides solutions for multiple indications including the handling and analysis of both brain and thoracic CT and MRI imaging, with extensive international collaborations with academic, clinical and industry partners. Brainomix provides software that is prospectively used for clinical and research decision making around the world. We build world-class medical imaging software products which are sold in multiple international markets, and to accomplish this, we believe in creating a first-class working environment for a first-class team.
We are looking for a first-class medical imaging researcher to join our technology team, developing cutting-edge image processing and machine learning algorithms. This position takes a leading role in the research and implementation of algorithms that contribute to the company’s IP. This is an exciting opportunity to bring the latest medical imaging research into real-world use, and work with large state-of-the-art imaging datasets.
This role is a full-time, permanent position, based in Oxford with a minimum of two days per week required in the office. Applicants with or without the right to work within the UK are welcome to apply for the position as the company is a registered Tier 2 sponsor.
- Develop, research and apply image analysis algorithms to form the basis of new products and technologies, which will be taken into production by the software team.
- Manage, prepare and annotate real-world medical imaging datasets forming the foundation of machine learning algorithms and their validation.
- Work efficiently, independently, and communicate progress to the rest of the software research team.
Skills & experience
Experience of working with state of the art medical imaging technology is required. Recent work with CT or MRI image analysis would be particularly desirable, especially in brain or chest imaging fields. Other skills we are looking for include:
- An ability to generate creative ideas and solutions to real-world problems, based on a deep understanding of the problem domain
- An ability to clearly communicate complex ideas and systems, both to technical colleagues (e.g. software developers) and non-technical audiences, both verbally and through graphical or textual content
- A good core knowledge of computer vision and image processing algorithms, particularly filtering, registration and classification techniques
- Experience with using machine learning techniques for image analysis
- Data science skills, including data preparation, cleaning, and scripting (e.g. Linux shell scripts)
- Programming expertise in Python
- Experience with deep learning modelling
This role has a significant share of responsibility for the underlying technology behind Brainomix products, and the successful applicant should be able to work independently on complex problems. However, collaborative skills are highly valued as team members are expected to work together to find elegant solutions to issues from all areas of the company, so clear communication is vital.
To apply for the role please email a copy of your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org