Client Support Engineer
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Location: Brainomix Head Office, Oxford (a minimum of two days per week will be required in the office)
Company background: Brainomix (www.Brainomix.com) is a spin-out company from the University of Oxford that develops and deploys imaging decision support software as a medical device. Brainomix provides solutions for multiple indications including the handling and analysis of both brain and thoracic CT imaging, with extensive international collaborations with academic, clinical and industry partners. Brainomix provides software that is prospectively used for clinical and research decision making around the world. We build world-class medical imaging software products which are sold in multiple international markets, and to accomplish this, we believe in creating a first-class working environment for a first-class team.
Summary of role: This role supports the customer- facing field team and local staff. The company’s systems are both on-premises, at customer locations (within hospitals) and in the cloud (AWS). The duties consist of documenting issues reported from the field or staff, assisting with the triage / assignment of support work and solving immediate technical problems. This role is a full-time, permanent position, based in Oxford, reporting to the Head of Security and Deployment. Applicants should have permission to work in the UK. Candidates will ideally be able to start as soon as possible.
Essential criteria includes experience in the following:
- Providing remote support in a secure environment.
- Linux / Windows troubleshooting, networking, and configuration
- Understanding of cyber security best practices
- 1st- and/or 2nd-line support experience
- To be able to propose changes and improve current practices, which can eliminate common problems via system changes, better documentation, new features, or automation.
- Working independently and within a team, with a positive attitude.
- In customer facing role, being proactive and responding quickly to queries as they arise
- Problem solving and experience with problem triaging
Desirable criteria includes experience in the following:
- Bash, PowerShell and/or Python scripting
- AWS administration
- Experience with Ubuntu Linux
- Understanding of hospital imaging systems, e.g., PACS, RIS and CT scanners
- Experience with medical software installation and support, especially in a hospital IT environment
To apply for the role please email a copy of your covering letter and CV to email@example.com