Brainomix is an award-winning University of Oxford medical imaging start-up, developing cutting edge technology to improve the treatment of stroke patients. We are building a world-class software product to be sold in multiple international markets, and to accomplish this, we believe in creating a first-class working environment for the whole team.
We are looking for an experienced Systems Engineer with expertise in managing production servers, installing hardware and software at customer sites, and maintaining IT systems. Our systems are typically deployed in hospitals, and integrate with radiology systems such as CT scanners and PACS, so experience working in this kind of environment is beneficial. You will be joining a small company, reporting directly to the CTO, so you will be involved with key technology decisions and will interact with all areas of the business. The initial focus of this role will be installing and supporting the e-ASPECTS stroke imaging software developed by Brainomix, both on-site and in the cloud, although some in-house IT support duties will also be required from time to time.
This role is a full-time, permanent position, based in Oxford, starting in September 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter. The role will occasionally involve travelling to customer premises in the UK and abroad. Applicants should have permission to work in the UK.
You will have an in-depth understanding of Linux server setup, administration, and tuning (we use Ubuntu). You must also have an interest in customer support, and be willing to perform installation and maintenance tasks both at our Oxford offices and at customer premises. Other required skills include:
- Server hardware selection, configuration, and installation
- IP network design and administration
- Knowledge of best practices for information security
- Familiarity with VPN and remote access solutions
- Deployment and management of virtualised systems and infrastructure (e.g. AWS, VMWare)
- Scripting (particularly Bash and Python)
- 1st- and/or 2nd-line support experience
- Basic understanding of database configuration and management (we use PostgreSQL)
- An ability to discuss technology requirements and solutions with the software development team
It would also be beneficial if you have experience with hospital IT systems:
- Knowledge of the DICOM protocol and configuration of DICOM devices
- Understanding of hospital imaging systems, e.g. PACS, RIS and CT scanners
- Experience with medical software installation and support, especially in a hospital IT environment
You will be given a significant share of responsibility for the administration and support of Brainomix products, and an ability to work independently is essential. Since this role will involve frequent contact with customers, a positive attitude and excellent communication skills are important.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this role please email your CV and a covering letter outlining your salary requirements and current notice period to Laura Kerley at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Monday 4th December.
We are looking for an experienced Marketing Associate to work on a variety of high impact and highly innovative projects and campaigns for Brainomix. We require a dynamic individual with a strong media network and expertise in clinical messaging. The ideal candidate will have experience of developing and implementing PR and digital execution for clinically focused campaigns across different geographic markets. We’re looking for someone who thrives on developing engaging stories, sharing the positive impact of the company’s offer both to a general audience and also medical professionals.
For this role you will need:
- An understanding of clinical workflows; proven experience of working with clinicians and hospital communication teams
- Ability to execute competitor analysis to inform PR strategy and to support product differentiation
- Writing and producing impactful customer case studies; experience of interpreting scientific publications
- Supporting company presence at conferences and health seminars
- Experience of new product launch campaigns
- Create comprehensive communications and social media strategy and tactics to better connect with company’s audience
- Maintain the brand’s "voice" across all platforms
- Design dynamic graphics for use on different media platforms to further enhance branding and messaging
- Cultivate media relationships, including compiling and updating contact databases
- Work closely with our product management, marketing, and sales team to field inquiries with key analysis that influences the direction of our product offerings as well as the way we market and sell them
- Interact with executives to ensure messaging and positioning is appropriate, timely and consistent with overall strategy
- Develop and edit print and electronic communications
- 2-3 years of prior Public Relations experience with a Clinical messaging/Healthcare background.
- A proven track record in delivering successful health-PR campaigns across multiple platforms.
- Strong project management skills working across peers and teams.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills – extremely high attention to detail, able to manage multiple time-sensitive projects concurrently.
- Experience in forming quality media relationships and managing vendors.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail as well as exuding a highly professional presence.
- Fast learner with passion for technology.
- Qualified to degree level – BA/BS in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or Journalism are advantageous
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this role please email your CV and a covering letter outlining your salary requirements and current notice period to Laura Kerley at email@example.com. The closing date for applications is Monday 4th December. Interviews will be held in the week commencing 11th December.